Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Networking Will Never Be the Same; I Promise! Introducing Networking Roulette

Networking Will Never Be The Same; I Promise!  
Introducing Networking Roulette By Brazen Careerist

I've been tons of networking events, hosted a few and have even taken elements from some of the best events and added them into my workshops.  But nothing, I repeat nothing, is like Networking Roulette by Brazen Careerist.  You may have heard me refer to www.brazen careerist dot com before.  They are a very active social networking site like none other (they've helped me get to Stanford U. to sell my book, they've connected me with folks who guest blog for me and I have a strange feeling this is just the beginning).  What I love most about the people they attract to their site is that they are truly dedicated to helping others.  I have noticed several notes on Facebook that would be followed by the quote, "Is anyone listening" due to lack of responses.  This does NOT happen on Brazen Careerist and that's why I love it so.
If that wasn't enough reason to love it, they decided to kick it up a notch...Bam!  In comes Networking Roulette.  Picture speed networking where you are physically at an event and they give you say 1 to 2 minutes to talk to a person then move on to the next; great concept except you are geographically limited.  You only get to talk to the people who are there.  What if you could be connected with people from around the country, heck, around the world and do the same speed networking? You can.
Networking Roulette is online speed networking.  Participants are randomly matched with other professionals after answering two simple questions: “What are you looking for?” and “What are you providing?” Next, participants have up to 3 minutes conversation to determine if the person on the other side can help their network. After, participants choose who to follow up with through their network dashboard.
What the dashboard looks like when you are networking (shout out to Ryan who is in the Pic)

I was fortunate enough to be part of a group invited to test out the system before it went live to the rest of the public.  It was amazing.  Since everyone already filled out what they had to offer and what they were looking for, there was no need to repeat that information.  I was open to jump right into the networking.  As many of you know I have a hip hop affirmation blog and quite frankly felt there weren't too many other folks out there using hip hop lyrics as inspiration.  Within minutes of someone finding out what I did they connected me with a friend of theirs who runs www.hiphopinspires.usNow that is what I call networking baby!  I invite you to do 3 things:

1. Check out the Brazen Careerist site
2. Tell a friend who is looking to network, find new ideas or share new ideas about the site
3. Check out the short video below that tells you a bit more about Networking Roulette


Networking Roulette Video

 The only down side is I wish I would have thought of it first!  See you at the Roulette wheel.


Keep Running the Point from where you, are with what you have.

Your Ambassador,
Mike Bruny
Let's stay connected and make things happen:
website: www.runthepoint.com
blog: www.hiphopaffirmations.com
video: www.youtube.com/ambassadorbruny
facebook: www.facebook.com/ambassadorbruny
twitter: @runthepoint , @hiphopaffirms

Brazen Careerist

No comments: