Monday, November 8, 2010

Creation of the Ambassador Bruny Logo. How to get from Point A to B


I thought creating my logo would be a quick process.  I would just get any photo I like and presto change-o, the Ambassador Bruny logo would be created.  Not so fast there buddy.  I started by taking a piece from the cover of my book, Move the Crowd: 30 Days of Hip Hop Affirmations To Change Your Life.

 I sent it out to the people to get some feedback.  That included my people on Twitter, Facebook and Brazen Careerist (check out this site.  It's one of the best kept secrets).  Some felt it was motivational, some thought it reminded them of the black power movement, some thought it was a silhouette of President Obama or a silhouette of myself (Gotta love having your silhouette compared to that of the President).

 
I had a logo contest and had a couple of cool images sent in, but nothing that totally moved the crowd.  I went to my trusted designer friends at The Brooklyn Circus to give it a shot.  I started by showing them what I was working with--the man above.  It made them think of the black power movement (not judging, just knowing how diverse my clientele is it was/is something important to take into consideration).  They came up from NYC to spend some time with the Ambassador, to get a sense of my essence and what I am trying to accomplish as a life coach, speaker and writer.  The 1st round brought the following:
I reached out to my public for feedback and thoughts.  The picture which represents a flame and the motivation that I bring to my clients reminded me of a tulip and honestly felt a little bit too soft for me.  Remember it's a process!  I had a great follow-up conversation with Ouigi aka "The Bearded Man" at the Brooklyn Circus and we spoke about the idea of what I do as Ambassador Bruny is helping folks get from point A to point B.  It was a perfect point (pun intended) for us to move into the 2nd Round:
We are working on a way to clearly express the idea of helping my clients and public get from point A to point B in their lives.  With that being said, which of the 6 is your favorite?  That is right Ambassador Bruny needs you to help him get from point A to point B in this process.  Be on the look out for the 3rd Round

 Keep Running the Point from where you, are with what you have.

Your Ambassador,
Mike Bruny
Let's stay connected and make things happen:
website: www.runthepoint.com
blog: www.hiphopaffirmations.com
video: www.youtube.com/ambassadorbruny
facebook: www.facebook.com/ambassadorbruny
twitter: @runthepoint , @hiphopaffirms

No comments: