Tuesday, December 29, 2009

In 2009 Did You Read About...


In 2009 Did You Read About...?

Inspired by a post by Coach Al Johnson, entitled "Read to Lead" (http://coachaljohnson.wordpress.com/2009/12/27/read-to-lead/#comment-53)


I thought I would share a list of the books Ambassador Bruny read in 2009.  Don't just enjoy, participate.  What did you read in 2009?  What's on deck for 2010?



For those of you who are super busy and are wondering how in heavens name did I find the time to read all these books, it was easy.  I followed the Run the Point Philosophy; Run the Point, from where you are, with what you have.  Insight on how you can do the same:
  1. Audio Books: You'll notice a number of the books on my list are audio books.  That means I listened to the books whenever I was in the car.
  2. Multitask: I listened to some of my audio books while riding the cardio bike at the gym.  I also listened to one of the audio books while on a hike in New Hampshire.
  3. Break it Down: When it comes to actually reading books, I have developed the discipline to read ONLY 10 pages a day.  My brain registers it as, "It's only 10 pages.  If you can't do that Mike, then you're just not serious about your personal development."  If you follow the 10 pages a day program for 1 month, you can finish a 300 page book in 30 days. 


Ambassador Bruny's 2009 Reading List
  1. E-Myth Manager
  2. The Power of Focus (Re-read) Ambassador's Favorite
  3. Crush it! (if you are building an online presence you must read this)
  4. Quarter Life Crisis
  5. Do You
  6. The Champion in You
  7. Why we Want You to be Rich
  8. Think and Grow Rich (Audio, re-read) Classic!
  9. The Carrot Principle (Audio) (A must read for anyone who is looking to build a recognition program for their people.
  10. You Can Still Win (Audio)
  11. Conversations With Millionaires (Re-read) (like 10 books in one) Ambassador's Favorite
  12. The Secret (Audio)
  13. The 60 Second Self-Starter (Very good book with tips.)
  14. The Servant: A Simple Story About Leadership (This will change the way you look at leadership)
Almost forgot to mention my own book, "Move the Crowd: 30 Days of Hip Hop Affirmations to Change Your Life."


Your Ambassador,

Mike Bruny, CPCC
Certified Life Coach, Speaker, Author
Run the Point Enterprises
http://www.runthepoint.com/

Gone Digital:
Youtube: www.youtube.com/ambassadorbruny
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ambassadorbruny
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/mikebruny
Twitter: http://twitter.com/Runthepoint
==========================================================
Author of: "Move the Crowd: 30 Days of Hip Hop Affirmations To Change Your Life."  AS SEEN IN THE SOURCE MAGAZINE www.runthepoint.com/products

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Coach Mike -

Thanks for the shout out at the beginning!

I love your philosophy of running the point...from everywhere. I will do more audio books in 2010 to reach my loft goal of 24 books for the year.

Les Brown (www.lesbrown.com) reads a book a week!

For your viewers, they can find my list of read books here: http://coachaljohnson.wordpress.com/2009/12/28/coach-johnsons-2009-reading-list/

Which book is your all time favorite?

Excited for our book venture together.

See YOU at the top,
Coach Al Johnson
www.coachaljohnson.com
www.inspiratude.com
@coachaljohnson on Twitter