Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Sorry I Kept You Waiting


Sorry To Keep You Waiting So Long, I've Been On The Run

 Like any great artist, I went in search of inspiration, spent some time alone in the woods and now i'm back and better than before.  Ok, so may that's not totally true, but I do apologize for the hiatus and here is what I've been up to that has kept me away from you:


Sure I've sent you a quick update on what I was doing with the Haiti relief effort (still continues...both my effort and the struggle), but we really haven't spent much quality time together.
Here is what I've been up to:
  • Locally: I've been hitting the street with my message of hip hop affirmations (check out my logo up top; I thought I'd switch things up a bit) to change lives on the college scene, and building corporate relations for my work version, "7 Days of Hip Hop Affirmations to Change Your Work Life."  Since the beginning of the year I've been at MCLA (Massachusett College for Liberal Arts) as the keynote for their leadership conference, Boston College, Framingham State College and Merrimack College.
  • Writing: for my website, www.hiphopaffirmations.com. If you haven't been there check it out, especially day #95 which was my first video affirmation and day#100 which is celebrating out 100th affirmation post.  My goal for the year is to create 365 Days of affirmations (that's right 1 for every day of the year--thank God it's not a leap year).  If you would like to receive the uplifting, life altering, amazingly unique affirmations sent directly to your inbox simply visit the site and subscribe (no sales pressure; I love you just the same *smile*).
  • Writing some more: I am a contributing writer for Ethnic Online, which is a quarterly online magazine focused toward ethnic professionals in New England.  My latest article is on balancing work and home.  I also have a couple of interviews with a couple of really cool people.  Check it out: www.EthnicOnline.net.
  • Nationally: Since we last connected I am part of a leadership program that has me traveling to Northern California 3 more times this year (I already took a trip in March).  I'm with 14 other amazing people from around the world who have come together to build our leadership power and network for an even BIGGER impact on this world.  I also took a road trip to Miami for the Entrepreneur Magazine's Growth Conference. 2 main points here:
  1.  Some times you got to go solo (yes, I know it's not grammatically correct): I ended up going by myself since I could not get anyone to come out to Miami with me even though the conference was FREE.  It did feel like everyone else came with a friend, but I quickly started making some connections by using my commercial smile (so i've been told).
  2. Practice your pitch and stay til the end: When introducing myself and my business, I had a very concise message focused on the type of people I serve and how they benefit (for more details on how you can do the same I highly recommend the book, "Booked Solid" by Michael Port).  As I collected business cards and the night was coming to a close, I  saw a mix of people I knew and some I had not met talking at a table.  I was going to give a distant wave and head back to my dwelling for the night, but something told me to go over and meet those I did not know and say good bye to the others.  I listened to my instinct only to be greeted by, "I've been looking for you!  Someone told me there was a guy who does hip hop affirmations at this conference."  Those were the words that came from the owner of a company called, "Grown Headz." It was amazing to connect with someone who was looking to reach the same group of "adults who still listen to hip hop" as I was.  We are currently in discussions on how we can work together.  A huge opportunity could have been missed if I decided to leave without saying, "hello," before I went bye bye.
  • Internationally: I have been moved by the tragedy of my the land of my ancestors(which makes it my land) and created a website to help raise money back in January.  You can check it out, there are a couple of cool and passionate videos I created (http://tinyurl.com/brunyhaiti).   WE were able to raise about $800.  Even BIGGER is the project i'm working on with Athletes for Charity, called: Athletes for Haiti with a focus on helping the children of Haiti by using the power of sports to deal with the trauma of the devastating earthquake.  Be on the look out for updates on how you can help.  Right now we are looking for a web designer who is willing to put in a couple of hours of work to help get the new site up and running. Can you or someone you know help?  Contact me: bruny@runthepoint.com or Cathleen@athletesforcharity 
Side note: For a guy who swore he would never write again the day he left college, I sure do spend a lot of time writing
 
Enough about me, how you have been?
Your Ambassador,
Mike Bruny, CPCC
Certified Life/Transition Coach, Speaker, Author
As seen in the Source Magazine-"Move The Crowd: 30 Days of Hip Hop
Affirmations to Change Your Life."
www.runthepoint.com/products

No comments: