Monday, July 6, 2009

Being Worthy



In honor of my 5 year wedding anniversary I would like to share this excerpt from my book, "Move the Crowd: 30 Days of Hip Hop Affirmations to Change Your Life."


Day 18 – Being Worthy


No one and I mean no one in my life lives by the above principle more than my wife. On first appearances or meeting she would be described as a quiet Asian (Korean to be specific) woman. Getting to really know her you would quickly find out that she is a woman who knows what she wants and what she deserves. The answer to both what she wants and deserves is the very best. She is not limited by what she personally knows how to do. Instead she is motivated by what she wants; and she wants big. For example, back when we were planning our wedding, my main focus was on how much everything was going to cost, not the experience we were going to have. I was not focused on the fact that this was something we were only going to do once, til death do us part. My vision was to have a service at any location and have a reception at any location. Not good enough for my bride to be. She wanted to get married in a castle. And guess what?...We made it happen. Things started lining up and the necessary people started to come into our lives. I do not believe this would have happened if we did not make the commitment to go for it and go for it big. Every time I look at our wedding pictures I am in awe of how it all came together. I also look at it as a lesson reminding me not to let my current situation serve as the platform I use to dream from. Basically, if you know all of the details around how you are going to get your big dream accomplished, then it is just not big enough, period. I have learned so much about living beyond my limitations thanks to my wife. One thing I have learned about myself is that I often allow what I want to be based on what I know I can have. This is a significantly limiting mindset. The change did not come easy and I occasionally struggle with getting stuck in what I know or what I have seen as reference points to what I think I can have.

How often do you let details and your current situation stop you from dreaming big? Let’s be real…are you one of the people who say, “I don’t want to be rich,” just because you don’t know how you are going to do it? Do you say, “Money isn’t everything,” and use it as an excuse not to stretch yourself and try new things that could bring you, your family and your cause(s) money? I suggest you take a shift in attitude, if only for a moment and see what it feels like. Test drive a car that you think is totally out of your league. Go and visit a couple of open houses in an affluent area next Sunday. Set up an informational interview with the company you want to work for (don’t know how? Email me and I’ll coach you through it: bruny@runthepoint.com). Change the way you respond when people greet you (no more, “I’m Just surviving”). You will start to see things come together to help you move towards getting what you desire. You may not get the Bentley coup, but striving for it will move you out of your current comfort zone, which is an accomplishment in itself.

Affirmation of the Day 18: I believe that I am worthy of great things.

Question of the Day 18: What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?

Visit runthepoint.blogspot.com to see what others have written for the Question of the Day and share your own thoughts.


Your Ambassador,
Mike Bruny, CPCC
Certified Life Coach, Speaker, Author
Run the Point Enterprises
www.runthepoint.com

Gone Digital:
Facebook: www.facebook.com/mike.bruny
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/mikebruny
Twitter: http://twitter.com/Runthepoint
==========================================================
Author of: "Move the Crowd: 30 Days of Hip Hop Affirmations To Change Your Life." www.runthepoint.com/products



my wife and I on our wedding day, July 5, 2004 @ Oheka Castle in Huntington, NY



No comments: